1. Never get so busy trying to make a living that you forget to make a life. You hear people say they wished they travelled more or stopped worrying so much about things they can’t control. If you’re stressing over money or your career choices, yes they are both important there’s no denying that, but they aren’t everything. Your happiness and actually living your life is much more important. You won’t be thinking of how much money you earned or the time you worried so much when you’re on your deathbed. You’ll be thinking of the time you and your friends stayed up late laughing until your stomachs hurt, the time you watched the sunset whilst travelling, or went to your favourite concert. Those things are much more important.
2. If he can’t be bothered to text you back and make some effort, he’s really not the one. Move on and find better. He’s probably a fuckboy anyway and nobody got time for that.
3. New Look’s Pure Blush Perfume is the exact dupe of Chanel Mademoiselle for so much cheaper and if that doesn’t cheer you up, I don’t know what will.
4. When you’re feeling crap, chicken dippers and curly chips are the way forward no matter how old you are. Grab your laptop, get some Netflix on and it’ll be the best thing you’ll ever do. Trust me.
5. You can’t please everyone and that’s okay. To some people you’ll be too fat, too thin, too opinionated, too loud, too quiet or too annoying. You weren’t made for everyone to like you and you can’t always please everybody. The right people will like you for you, and those who don’t like you, you don’t need. As the quote goes – ”you can’t please everyone, you aren’t a jar of Nutella”
6. It’s okay to have meltdowns and a good cry when needed – blame it on the hormones.
7. Life really is too short and you never know what’s around the corner. Make time for your friends and family, book the trip away and buy that lipstick you’ve been lusting over.
8. People will honestly believe anything they hear and jump to crazy conclusions. They’ll make you out to be someone who you couldn’t be further away from. People like that aren’t worth worrying about because they aren’t people you need in your life anyway. Yes some people can get on your absolute nerves and you’ll be tempted to react, shit will always go down and you won’t get on with everyone but is it always really worth it? Some things you have to learn to let go of, leave in the past and get the hell on with your life.
9. If you ever find yourself around hyper toddlers, just stick a bit of Peppa Pig on and trust me when I say it’ll work wonders. Thank me later. You can get back to tweeting and looking at bae’s new Instagram picture in peace now.
10. Whatever you’re beating yourself up about now, I can guarantee you in a few months time it won’t matter and you’ll look back at it and wonder what the hell you were thinking.